Someone Interesting that you follow on Social Media

Hi FAU Bloggers:

I guess one of the interesting people I follow on social media is Janelle Monae. She is a singer/actress from Kansas. I first heard of her in 2010 when she released the album The ArchAndroid. It was a really amazing concept album that mixed various musical styles (hip-hop/rap/rock/soul/jazz/classical/pop). I found her to be the most interesting artist of her generation because she was doing something different and extremely creative. She was very open about here influences which ranged from "The Godfather of Soul" James Brown to Pop/Rock Icon Bowie  and on thru Debussy and Science-Fiction author Philip K.Dick 

After The ArchAndroid I followed her career with interest because she what she does goes beyond music. Actually, her first album is still my favourite but I think she is an interesting celebrity who is trying to push the barriers and create change, especially towards things related to racism, feminism and the LGBT community. 
As both her music and acting awards demonstrate, Janelle Monae is an extremely talented artist. Her most celebrated movie performance is in Hidden Figures - a film about the 3 Afro-American mathematicians working in NASA during the so called Space Race between Russia and The United States. She has appeared as a main character in the 2nd season of Homecoming on Amazon Prime.
I follow Janelle on Instagram. I think she is most probably the most high profile living person I follow. I think the thing I enjoy is seeing how she has grown as a performer and how her success has fuelled her confidence and her creativity.



2010


                                                                         2023
Write about someone interesting you follow on Social Media.
Say:
Who they are,
What they do,
How long you have followed them,
How you discovered them,
What you like about them.

Mention anything else you think is important or interesting. Try to write at least 200 words. Leave a comment on your teacher's blog and on the blogs of 3 classmates.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

A Job

A Little Bit of Chile