An Interesting Trip

I have been lucky enough to go on some amazing trips, many of them within other holidays. For example, whilst staying in Coyaique a few years ago, my wife and I did a day trip to Aysen. Other trips I've done include Cappadoccia in Turkey when visiting Istambul or Abel Tasman National Park in New Zealand.while I was visiting my brother in Wellington.

The trip I'm going to write about is a day I spent walking along the Great Wall in China. Covid restrictions meant that I didn't get to travel too often whilst in China. However, when my wife and I visited Beijing a trip to see the Great Wall was top of our list.

I researched the different locations close to Beijing and we decided to do a 9-hour hike from Gubeikou to Jinshanling because it was a quieter, less modified section of the wall. We went with a Beijing-based, English-speaking, hiking group. I think the trip cost about 30,000 pesos. This included transport and a guide. We were travelling with 2 German friends and there were about 10 other people on the trip. We left Beijing at about 8am. We reached the entry point to the wall and started hiking. It was a really beautiful, sunny spring day with hardly a cloud in the sky. The walk was amazing with the sections of the wall visible over the hills and mountains for miles ahead and behind. The sections were often different because of gradient or height. Some sections leading up to watchtowers were very, very steep and other with flights of stairs to navigate. I one point we had to get off the wall and follow a path on the far side of the wall for a couple of kilometers were the wall bordered some military land. We stopped for a picnic lunch for 20 minutes, but for pretty much the rest of the 9 hours we walked and took photos, lots of photos. It was a really memorable experiece. A great walk and an epic trip. 


Write about an interesting trip you remember.

Say:

Where you went.

Who you went with.

How you got there,

What you did there,

How long you spent there.

Mention anything else you think is important or interesting. Try to write at least 200 words. Leave a comment on your teacher's blog and on the blogs of 3 classmates.

Comments

  1. I hope one day to travel as muh as you do

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn´t start travelling until I was 20-years old so you have lots of time.

      Delete
  2. Wow, that is so cool! I've always wanted to visit China. what other countries would you like to go to?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I´d like to visit some other countries in Asia. I´ve only been to China & Japan. What about you?

      Delete
  3. https://emiliabetancurmarambio.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's amazing! Being there must be stunning, I hope you can travel there again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too but China is one of the most difficult countries to visit.

      Delete
  5. Amazing experience! I hope soem day i can visit the great wall! looks a huge monument! What other world monument do you know?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess icon buildings like The Eiffel Tower, The Sydney Opera House, The Empire State Building (although I didn´t go in). I think I prefer natural monuments:)

      Delete
  6. Very interesting, you have visited many placed, beautiful landscape

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seems like an incredible journey!! You like the chinese food? What is the most exotic food that you eat in China?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My wife and I are vegan, however, we ate some amazing dishes made from mushrooms and/or tofu (there are lots of varieties of both). There are also some exotic fruits that are amazing.

      Delete
  8. Great trip professor! Which country was your favourite?

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG, I LIVED IN COYHAIQUE FOR LIKE 2 YEARS!!!!. what did you think of that city? did you like it?. It is very polluted and it's too cold in winter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a nice place, someday I'm going to go there too jsjsj

    ReplyDelete
  11. Excellent trip despite being in the middle of the pandemic, someday i will be there and o will remember your story!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

A Job

A Little Bit of Chile