My Cultural Radar (Part 1)

The first thing I do most mornings is to read The Guardian newspaper with a cup of (British) tea. I tend to scan the headlines to see if anything important or interesting has happened and then head to the sports's page to read about football. Later in the day, when I have more time, I go back and read other parts of the newspaper that may interest me. I've read The Guardian since I was about 18 and although the journalism has become a little "comic like" at times, it still holds true to it's left-wing ideals (nowadays it's pinkish rather than red๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚).

Today, I'd like to use a Guardian idea as an inspiration for today's blogpost. We are going to read an article on cultural recommendations given by a well-known person (well, in the UK at least).

Click on the Guardian "On My Radar" link here: theguardian.com/culture/series/on-my-radar

Scroll down and select an article to read (by someone you have heard of or think might be interesting).

The first part of your post will be about what you read:

Say:

Who's cultural snapshot you read,

Which aspects of culture they talked about,

Which of the things they talked about you found most interesting and why.

In the second part of your post, you need to write about 6 things that are on your cultural radar at the moment (this can be from any media - video, webpage, song, film, art show, artist, building, tv show, anime, theatre, book, place, etc.).

Try to write at least 30 words for each thing you write about. Leave a comment on my blog and on the blogs of a least 3 classmates.

Comments

  1. It is good to have a favorite newspaper, in my case my favorite newspaper is LaTercera, I read it
    occasionally.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you watch the news on TV too, Catalina?

      Delete
  2. read the newspaper? it's been many years since I've done that.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

A Job

A Little Bit of Chile