My cultural snapshot at the moment contains the following items:

Music:

Actually, the songs I have stuck in my head at the moment are all the demo songs I´m working on for a solo album I hope to release next month. It´s the first time I´ve worked on a collection of songs with lyrics for about 20 years. My favourite tracks are ¨Can U Lift Me Up¨ & a duet I sing with my wife called ¨Hope¨. I guess they are sort of electronic with elements of Pop & Soul. My artistic name is Experiment SH1310 (you can follow on Spotify https://open.spotify.com/intl-es/artist/08XQBuGhFGeu0SXOfpwLmz?si=Gmei-psGQuORP8FxEGmrWg).

My other bands on Spotify are: The Regular Cats (Hip-Hop) and Amateur Beauty (Electonic/pop/experimental). Check them out!!!


Book

The book I´m reading at the moment is called ¨Tomorrow, and Tomorrow and Tomorrow ¨ by Gabrielle Zevin. I think it´s a modern love story (but I´m not quite sure). It´s about 2 friends who worker together creating video games. It´s very easy to read and the story is compelling. I´m about half-way through so far and I´m really enjoying the story,

Film:

The film on my cultural highlight is a film from 2022 called ¨Farewell Amor¨. I watched it last week and found it entertaining, and a little sad, but full of hope. It´s about a family from Angola who are reunited in the USA after 17 years apart. It´s told from the different perspective of the family members (father, mother & daughter) and it is beautifully made and acted. Highly recommended (its not fast-paced though....).

Artist:

The artist I´ve just discovered is a dancer on Instagram called Marie-Louise Hertog. She has some amazing routines that seem to defy gravity. She manages to make her body flow like water. Very talented! Her Instagram account is under the name : mlhertog  

Check her out. She´s good,

Graphic Novel:

I´ve just discovered a graphic novel called: It´s Lonely at the Centre of the Earth by Zoe Thorogood. It´s about a young Graphic Artist who is struggling with mental health issues and uses her art as a way to survive. I've only just started it and I already love it because of the whole concept.



Art:

The art I´ll write about is more self-publicity (ha, ha, ha) because it relates to a conceptual project I began with a Columbia friend who lives in China. We have a project called the Alphabet Files Project which uses an alphabet we created by matching chords to each letter of the alphabet and then using words as the basis for writing a song or piece of music. So far this year we have released 85 tracks on Spotify, Apple Music, etc., from 3 seperate projects: Experiment SH1310, Amateur Beauty, and The Regular Cats. 

https://the-alphabet-files-project.com/

Instagram:

expriment_sh1310

the_regular_catz

amateurbeautymusic

alphabet_files_project


Comments

  1. ¨Farewell Amor¨ sounds interesting, I will write it down to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw some videos of the dancer that you mention, she move very well, she is delicate as a feather

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the love, so i think i'll read the book.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

A Job

A Little Bit of Chile