A Book

Hi FAU Bloggers

I noticed that one or two of you mentioned that you like reading so, today I'd like you to talk about a book you can recommend. Actually, I started reading at a very young age and reading has always been one of my hobbies. However, I think there are lots of books that I love that maybe aren't so easy to read or that many people wouldn't find interesting. For example, a couple of years ago I read 2066 by Chilean author Roberto Bollaño in Spanish. It's a long novel (sort of 5 novels in one) and it took me about 3 months to read. It was very rewarding though as he is an amazing writer.
One of my favourite books in recent years is a book by a Japanese author called Haruki Murakami. The book is called Kafka on the Shore and I read it in 2005. I discovered it because a British author I like called David Mitchell reviewed it in a magazine and said it was great. Then, a few weeks late The New York Times printed the first chapter. I read it and then bought the book straight away. It's a little crazy (for example one of the characters talks to cats, and they talk back) but it's also extremely imaginative. It tells the story of a teenage boy who runs away from home. I've lent the book to lots of other people and they've always enjoyed it so I don't have any problem recommending it. It's also a very easy novel to read and to get into. Since then I've read 10 more books by Murakami and I've loved them all. I also really like the cover of Kafka on the Shore because it has a cat that looks just like my previous cat of 17 years, Kat (R.I.P.).

Write about a book you recommend.
Say:
What it's called,
Who wrote it,
When you read it,
How you found out about it,
Why you like it.
 
Mention anything else you think is important. 

Write at least 200 words. Leave a comment on your teacher's blog and on the blogs of 3 classmates.
If you finish. Please find a review of the book on GOOODREADS and say what things you agree with in the top comment.

Comments

  1. I didn´t know much about Haruki Murakami, I read a book of his called Tony Takitani and I found it very interesting, I will definitely check more of his work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recommended you to read La divina comedia, it's an extensive, but very interesting book

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a very interesting book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting recommendation, looks a very good book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It seems loke a very entertaining book, i´ll look it up

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the way Murakami writes! It's like listening to a music album.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i will look for the book, it looks interesting

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

A Job

A Little Bit of Chile