Something You Enjoy Doing Outdoors

Hi Blog Heads,

In this post, I'd like you to write about something you enjoy doing outside. For me there are three things that come to mind: football, cycling and hiking (otherwise know as trekking). However, as football involves other people, and cycling requires a bike, I'll talk about hiking.
I think I developed my love of hiking when I was a young child. My family lived in the countryside in Wales until I was 6 years old and from a very young age we would do a lot of walking. My parents never had a car and I never passed my driving test until I was 53 years old so, walking has always come naturally to me. The walks I remember from my childhood are those we did in North Wales where there are lots of forests and hills that are public footpaths. In fact Britain has an excellent network of footpaths and trails that are well looked after and pass through hundreds of miles of beautiful countryside (You can see some of them here:https://www.nationaltrail.co.uk/). I've also been lucky enough to do memorable walks in different parts of the world. 

I like walking for different reasons. I love nature and it's great to get some fresh air away from city life. When you walk you get to see so much more than when travelling by different types of transport like bikes, cars, trains & buses. I like spotting different wildlife, especially birds. Nowadays here in Chile I have also done lots of walking but maybe not as much as I would have liked to have done. I think my first walks were beach walks like Algarrobo to Quisco, or Maitencillos to Catchagua. I've hiked up some volcanes in the south and visited amazing places like Alto los Vilches near Talca or areas around San Pedro de Atacama. I would really like to visit other places in the south but finding the time is complicated. The last walk I did was Aguas de San Ramon in October. 

Here are a couple of photos from a walk near Coyhaique.

Write about something you like doing outside.
Say:

What it is,
When you started doing this activity,
Where you do it,
Why you like it,
When you did it last.

Write at least 200 words. Leave a comment on your teacher's blog and on the blogs of at least 3 classmates.

Comments

  1. i had just thought of writing something similar

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very entergaining to go trekking, but where i don't have time I have los my fitness and now I get tired easily

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good pictures! and i recommend doing the Salto de Apoquindo trail through Aguas de Ramón, when you arrive there is a waterfall, maybe you like it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. walking has its charm, especially if it is to admire the beauty of the landscape and nature, it's all very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i walking a lot too, sometimes is very quiet above all in nature!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Walking on the beach and feeling the sea breeze is an inexplicable sensation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Starting to go for a walk is an activity I want to start doing, that my feet take me to good places.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You need to hike through Lican Ray! Beautiful beach and a very cool walk

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

A Job

A Little Bit of Chile